- could hinder access to safe, affordable medicines, weaken local content rules for media,
-stifle high-tech innovation
- restrict the ability of future governments to legislate for the good of public health and the environment.
So far, so good.
- Allow foreign investors and corporations to sue Canada if any level of government passes laws that reduce their profits or adversely affect their businesses.
- Promote and protect exploitative tar sands development while safeguarding corporate profits at the expense of the health of our economy and environment.
- Introduce harsh laws on internet use allowing for strict criminal penalties for minor, non-commercial copyright infringements, and force internet providers to disclose personal information to authorities without safeguards for privacy.
None of these things above are pro demoncracy moves, and the end result of negotiations, which are secret will be rammed through parliament with another Omnibus bill.
For the full details and more information: Here