|Scott Sorenson runs the tail of Pete's Dragon on the Kipawa circa: 1985|
Mission: We are promoting safe, environmentally sensitive use of the whitewater resources of the Kipawa River to promote the rivers natural and recreational values and thereby ensure its integrity for future generations, and to establish ongoing standing as custodians and stakeholders of the Kipawa river.
1. There are no immediately pressing preservation issues so it will be a smaller affair with about 60 to 70 participants staying at the Lodge
. 2. We will have a very good water release - with above average volumes
3. We will have fireworks again, on Saturday night
4. Our AGM will be held Saturday night, maybe we'll get a new executive? If you know of anybody that is interested in running please nominate them!
5. Each particpant will pay $20 per person per night, and a registration fee of $10 which includes membership in Les Amis. All members will be sent advice of the rally and AGM 30 days in advance of the rally.
6. We will invite a representative of the Innergex/Algonquin or Opemican Park group to come to the rally and address the paddlers as a guest speaker.
Will there be a fish fry?,
are there other activities planned?
Organisation of insurance for executive and volunteers through the FCKQ as per usual
Information flyers for participants will be available through our website and boater boards
. T-shirts - will there be t-shirts, and if so what will be the design
Promote whitewater rafting operators to come to the rally,
perhaps organize a top to bottom downriver race and offer a prize/trophy on a annual basis?